Removing Latex Paint From Carpet
It’s hard to avoid an accident when there are kids around, and sometimes we make mistakes ourselves, but we love to paint and sometimes things are spilled or broken. If you have paint on your carpet right now, here are a few methods to remove latex paint from your carpet. Remember you can always call a professional to come to your home and remove the latex paint from your carpet, or simply call for any advice. Additionally, remember to always test these solutions in a conspicuous area to avoid further damage to your carpets.
Read More: Carpet Stain Removal Tips
How To Remove Latex Paint From Carpet (Wet)
Method 1 of 2
- First, use a dry towel to remove as much paint as possible; remember to make your way in from the outside of the stain towards the center to avoid spreading.
- Next, using a sponge dipped in cold water, blot the area some more to remove more of the paint in the same strategy mentioned in the first step (outside of the stain towards the center to avoid spreading).
- Then, mix warm water and dish detergent and use a clean towel to blot the area.
- Lastly, allow the area to dry completely and then vacuum.
If the stain persists…
If stain remains you can try using hydrogen peroxide on the affected area.
- Begin by filling a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide.
- Dampen the stain without soaking the carpet. Let it sit for at least one hour.
- Blot the affected area with a white cloth and check to see if any color transfers.
- If the color does transfer, repeat this procedure until the stain is no longer visible.
- Once the stain is completely removed, apply a layer of paper towels to the wet area and apply pressure with a brick or heavy book to absorb the moisture.
Removing Latex From Carpet (Wet): Method #2
- For this second method, you can begin by applying a solvent on the stain.
- Next, to emulsify the paint use a brush and thoroughly agitate.
- Then, using hot water extraction, extract all of the solvents from the carpet.
- Repeat steps until the stain disappears.
- Once the stain has disappeared rinse the carpet by using a dilute solution and then blot dry with a towel.
Read More: Carpet Cleaning Tips
How To Remove Latex Paint From Carpet (Dry)
Don’t worry too much if the paint has already dried.
- You can apply a solvent to the area and gently agitate with a brush.
- Your next step will be to cover the area with a clean towel and place an iron that is set to mid-range temperature and leave for about 30 seconds.
- Then, reapply the solvent, and again gently agitate to emulsify the dissolved paint.
- Lastly, using hot water extraction, extract all of the solvents from the affected area.
Repeat this process as many times as necessary until the paint has been removed, then finish up by applying a dilute solution to rinse the carpet.
Removing Latex Paint From Carpet
It’s important to know that calling a professional to remove a stain may be your best bet. We have the experience, expertise, and scientific knowledge of how various carpet types react with certain stains, and we have the tools to do the job effectively and efficiently.
If you are looking for the best Carpet Cleaners in Phoenix, call APEX Carpet Cleaning today! 602 252-8383