Blue Toilet Bowl Stain
Blue Toilet Bowl Stain Removal
If blue toilet bowl cleaner is spilled on your carpet immediate action should be taken to try and avoid a permanent stain. It would only take a small drop to ruin the design or color palette of the carpet material because of the cleaner’s bright color and strong cleaning chemicals.
Read More: Carpet Stain Removal
Steps for Removing Blue Toilet Bowl Cleaner from Carpet Immediately
- Immediately blot the affected area using a white dry cloth to soak up as much of the stain as possible.
- In a bowl, mix liquid dish soap and warm water.
- Then proceed to pour the cleaner onto the affected area and then let it sit for about five minutes.
- After the five minutes are up use new white cloths and blot the area until the stain stops transferring onto the cloth.
- Lastly, pour clean cold water onto the affected area to rinse out the soap. Remember not to scrub. Scrubbing will only spread the cleaner and push it deeper into the carpet.
- Repeat cleaning with the soap solution, blotting and rinsing until stain is gone.
Read More: Carpet Cleaning Tips
What if the blue toilet bowl cleaner stain has already set in to my carpet?
Sometimes we will not know about the spill due to our busy life schedules, but not to worry there is another procedure you can take.
- To start off, apply a diluted solution of emulsifier, and then agitate gently but thoroughly.
- Next, you will need to do a hot water extraction.
- Make sure to leave the area as dry as possible by vacuuming multiple times only by using wand strokes and then followed by blotting dry with towels.
- Using a trigger spray apply an oxidizer evenly to the affected area. Make sure to agitate gently to assure penetration.
- Lastly, allow area to dry completely. The stain will begin to fade as it starts reacting with the oxidizer. Reaction time will vary depending on the severity of the stain.
Removing this stain from your carpet might require controlled and repetitive actions, but with patience and diligence you can get your carpet to look as good as it did before the accident. If your carpets are beyond what a spot treatment can do, or you need expert help, be sure to give the experts at APEX Carpet Cleaning in Phoenix a call! You can view all of our service pricing here.
This Blue Toilet Bowl Stain Removal Worked for Kay- Here’s Her Thank You to APEX
I wanted to thank you for the information you have on your website about cleaning blue chemical toilet fluid spilt on a carpet.
Happily following your clear instructions I have completely removed the blue chemical.
Apex Carpet Cleaning
3616 W. Thomas Rd #1
Phoenix, Az 85019