Blue Gatorade stains
Removing Blue Gatorade Stains from Carpet
Gatorade stains can be both tough and frustrating to eliminate. If you have a couple of little athletes running around the house, it is bound to happen sooner or later. Like most stains, it is important to eliminate a Gatorade stain as quickly as possible. This can be done with oxygen bleach cleaner while preserving the integrity of your clothing, carpet, tile grout or upholstery.
In eliminating any spill from carpet, the most operative method is to use patience and follow directions carefully. Often, consumers become convinced that a stain is permanent before the spot removal solution has had suitable time to begin elating the spill. By taking instantaneous action and cautiously following the spot removal directions listed, you can avoid permanent staining on most stain-resist treated carpet.
If you are able to get to the spill:
- Quickly spot the spill with a dry, white, absorbent rag or plain white (no printing) paper towels.
- Make sure to not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected area can cause pile distortion.
- Continue using a dry cloth or paper towels to eliminate as much of the spill as possible. Remember to always work from the outer edges of the spill to the center to avoid scattering.
If you are unable to get to the spill before it dries:
- Removing a Gatorade stain is fast and easy when you mix an all-natural, environmentally safe oxygen bleach and apply that solution to the stained object.
- Remember to always test the chemical you use in a conspicuous area.
- Begin by pre-spraying the stained area with a diluted solution of emulsifier, then
- Agitate gently, but thoroughly, to emulsify contamination
- Lastly, follow with a hot water extraction and rinse the spot.
- Make sure to leave carpet as dry as possible by blotting with a dry towel.
- If stain remains, apply an oxidizer to the discolored fibers with trigger spray and gently agitate.
- The stain should disappear in 1 to 8 hours depending on the severity of the spill.
Apex Carpet Cleaning
3616 W. Thomas Rd #1
Phoenix, Az 85019